This sauce is awesome for fresh spring rolls or other Asian inspired dishes. Peanuts are also loaded with vitamins, minerals and proteins. However, they’re pretty high in fat, so be sure to only eat a few tablespoons!
- ½ c creamy peanut sauce
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 1.5 T tamari or soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 1-2 T maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 – 1 inch knob peeled ginger
- ½-1 t chili garlic paste (sambol) or a pinch or two of chili flakes
- 3-4 T warm water or more (for thinning)
- garnishes (optional): chili flakes, green onions, peanuts
Method: Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Use the water to thin until desired consistency.
If not using a food processor or blender, grate the ginger and garlic and mix in a bowl.
Adjust flavors if needed – add more maple syrup for a sweeter flavor or another garlic clove for a more savory flavor.
Great for dipping spring rolls, chicken, seafood and stir-fries.