These protein balls are, obviously, high in protein, boosts energy and aids in weight maintenance. Easy on the go!
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter – try sunflower seed butter!)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
- 2 T flax seeds, ground (or chia seeds)
- 1 packet or one serving of protein powder
Note: Yields ≈ 16 balls
Method: In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Once mixed, combine oats, flax seeds and protein powder until fully incorporated. Use your hands or a small ice cream scoop to make protein balls about two tablespoons each. Keep in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer for longer storage. For your snack: 2 servings.