- 1 cup mashed brown/ripe bananas, 3-4 small
- ¼ c maple syrup (add up to ¼ c more maple syrup if you like it sweeter)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 c coconut oil or grass fed butter
- ½ t vanilla extract
- ¼ c non-dairy milk of choice
- ½ t sea salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 c almond meal
- 1 c oat flour
- ¼ c cacao nibs + more for sprinkling
- ¼ c chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffins OR line an 8.5” x 4” loaf pan with parchment paper and grease well. Mix all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a bowl until well combined. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop muffins until ¾ full, or evenly among the 12 muffin liners.
Alternatively, pour batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with a few chocolate chips. If using the loaf pan, sprinkle the chocolate chips and cacao nibs in a line thru the middle. Bake for 18-20 minutes for the muffins, or 30-35 minutes for the loaf pan, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, or 5 days in the fridge.